Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers... extended!!

Good Evening! Our family decided to sit down this here night and watch some Lord of the Rings. You have to understand, for those of you who don't know our family, Lord of the Rings... well it's the best. The best ever, out of anything, it tops it all. If you don't like Lord of the Rings then you probably wouldn't like my family, and that's just how it is. This is a picture of my family about 45 minutes in. Sam Wise (yes, we love Lord of the Rings just that much) in the foreground had a rough day playing out front with the neighbor's Lab, Bronco. They run and run and play and frolic and bite each other and things are just grand. So, Sam Wise has been asleep for about 5 hours straight now. Dave made it probably 15 minutes into the movie, he's recovering from pneumonia, so we'll excuse him.



Grace is asleep foot to foot with Dave as to share the good blanket. And then Rachel, for some bizarre reason is in fact asleep on top of the desk behind the couch... she always sits back there to draw while we watch TV, and somehow she's ended up crawling onto it for a quick snooze. :) Needless to say, as I write this they're coming back from the dead, and we may all be awake for the last hour or so.

Well, some of you might have seen my facebook status about a week and a half back, "Jen is embarking on Craft week!" I was making a quilt for one of my good friends Melissa. I used to work with her at the UPS store for a year about 2 years back. She lives in Boise now, but came back down to have a baby shower at her parents house today in American Fork. I sewed her a baby quilt... don't look at me... it's a really bad picture... stupid hair cut... but I love how the quilt turned out!! I'm glad I could be here to see her all pregnant and cute. I'll post a picture we took of the 3 girls who worked at the UPS store together for that year. I have to get it from my friend in order to post it. But it'll be here soon enough.


Well, this brings us to PET OF THE WEEK!

Sam-Wise!!
Here's Sam, just a few minutes ago, he's asleep just below where I'm sitting on the couch. He's so tuckered out. He loves to snuggle. You stand behind him, and he backs up and sits down right on your feet, leans into you, and just relaxes as you pet and pet and pet. He knows all our names, "Sam, where's Rachel?" and he goes running to her. He now gets the paper too, woop woop. And his favorite trick is to roll over, he gets so excited when he gets it right. He looooves Montana, because he gets to play in the lake all the day long. He's a good boy. And I love my Sam-Wise.


This concludes pet of the week. Although I consider myself having 3 other cats and 2 other dogs, I am currently not living with them, so I will refrain from pulling out dull pictures of the past and making you all read about how cute they are... I know you're not all as pet crazed as I. Which means my next post will feature a new segment. That is my next Saterday/Sunday post, it's a once weekly segment. I'll have to come up with another for my Tuesday/Wednesday post.

All right, well, I hope you've all had good weeks. Mine was quite eventful... hair cut and quilt and all. :) Although the hair cut leaves me in a perma bad mood. BUT HEY! I'm coming to visit Seattle in 18 days!!! I'm sooo excited. I want to see all of you, and you're getting massive amounts of hugs. I don't know why, I just really want to hug you all, a lot. :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love Rachel asleep on the desk! Wouldn't it be great to be able to sleep like that? Is a bad haircut from Ramez even possible? I definitely like the longer hair better, but the cut is unique, which is what you like, right?

Jen Taylor said...

yeah unique and super freaking ugly!

Jessica said...

Wow Jen! That qulit looks awesome. You did an amazing job.