Monday, March 30, 2009

ATVing yo!

Saturday morning rolled around this week, much like it does every week, only this week... it rolled around and was all sunny! So we woke up early, put on a bajillion layers of clothes, and headed out to the wonders of 5 mile pass. And let me tell you I'm still sore. 

Dave, Rachel, Maddie, and myself all got up at 7, left the house at 8, and were on the ATVs and our way to happiness by 9:30. We rode up and down the hills of Utah for a good 4 hours totaling 27ish miles. We even went up one large hillside that dave hadn't been up before!

I took some pictures of the scenery, but it was nothing you haven't seen before, a bunch of mountains around a valley... so I've thrown in some pictures of us messin around in the wilderness. 


This is the gravel pit. Maddie, Rachel, and I are all sitting at the top of it. It was so high up! You could throw a rock off the side and sing the abc's before it hit the bottom, it's true, we did it twice. It was intense. We rode up the backside, then Dave rode back down and took the picture of us.... yay for Dave who then rode back up and got my ATV turned around for me, because it was pretty rocky up there, and I didn't want to die.... woop.


This is the remains of a cabin. Look how buff we are! (from left to right: Rachel, me, and Maddie)


We stopped on the top of a huge hill and I took a ton of photos of the scenery, and then Maddie and I started messing around and taking a ton of random photos (you can see them all on my Facebook). This is Dave and Rachel planning where to go next. I love how Dave's pointing off in the distance, and Rachel's just scratching her head. Classic. I love my family.


This is me. I am posing. Can you tell?

Ok, ok fine. This is the best shot of the scenery. I love the mountains. They're really beautiful. Some people here can tell where they are based on where the mountains are. I can't since there are mountains all around in a circular fashion, so pretty much wherever you look, it looks the same. 
Well, I had a blast. I forgot how much I love riding an ATV at screaming speeds down a gravel path, and that I do enjoy riding an ATV up a steeply slanted hill side, just not as much as the gravel path part.


1 comment:

Maddie said...

"Some people here can tell where they are based on where the mountains."... Hahaha... that doesn't really make sense :) But I love that picture of the mountains! You should get it blowed up and hunged on a wall. That'd be sweet yo.