Friday, July 22, 2011

Concerts are my love.



Last night I went to this concert:


It was really really fun. It was a free concert, at Pioneer Park in SLC. Ya know, when I'm in SLC I forget I'm even still in the big UT. Feels just like any other city to me. Here are a few highlights from the show:


1. Listened to Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat with Brundon and Amanda on the way there. Classic.
2. Essentially paid $4 to go to this concert, since it was free, all I did was pay for parking.
3. Had a really good view the entire show. We weren't really all that close to the stage, but considering how many people were there, I was shocked a how well I could see, and how much I enjoyed it.
4. Watched a woman shorter than me grab some guy a lot taller than me who was trying to push past her and shove him backwards, telling him that there was no way he was going to just shove his way to the front. He tried to get past her again, but she stood her ground. I love that woman.
5. Switched glasses with a bearded man. We had the same prescription, so I'm pretty sure we are soul mates. :P
6. Meloy referred to the Chili Peppers the entire concert, and even incorporated some of their lyrics into his songs, I LOVED IT. Especially since I loooong to travel back in time and go to the Chili Peppers concert my aunt, Beth, went to like 15 years ago. I felt like I was kinda there --- kinda.
7. They played random music for a good five minutes during their first encore. Guitarists had a play off - both played behind their heads. They then got the entire audience to sit down on the ground and then we all jumped back up. It was annoying, but fun.
8. I got the front seat on the way home.
9. I sang far, far away on Judea's Plains the entire way back
10. We got some tasty In N Out. Mmmm, milkshakes.


It was such a great show. Such great music. Such great fun. Such a great crowd. Such great friends. Lots of beards. My heart is happy.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You're posting like crazy all of a sudden! Sounds fun, minus the Joseph part. I'd have to have brought some noise canceling headphones. Except for the one more angel in heaven song, because that's a classic. I have to go do a huge load of dishes. Really don't want to. Already checked email, fb, blogs, etc. Guess I better go do it.