Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Vacation and Renewed Hope.

(Listen to Shake it Out by Florence + The Machine whilst reading this week -------> )

I have 40 minutes to finish this homework assignment and submit it. Alas, I decided to listen to Florence and write here instead. I don't really have a lot to write, but I was recently talking with someone who was reassuring me that my writing is worth reading. That makes a girl feel pretty good about herself, I must say. So. Here it is. 11:23 on a Tuesday evening. I'm wearing a moo-moo (that's a big ol dress type nightgown thing), I've got my bushy hair pulled back with a big 0l clip, and I'm singing along to all the random songs I've got on my Spotify Queue. And let me just tell you that suddenly tonight things clicked and I felt good with the world. I feel like I'm ready to get out there and fight and claw and have fun all the while; thereby accomplishing things with this crazy life of mine. But it takes so much energy! So I've got to up that. If anyone wants to get me a sunlamp for Christmas that would be greatly appreciated. Sunlamps make me feel more energized for sure.

SO! Guess what I did last week?! Ok, you guessed it. I went to Vancouver to spend time with my mum and Fred. I love my mum and Fred. They make me happy. And then there was Purple! That's my grandma. And I love her too! We all four had a lot of fun being lazy and eating some great food. Fred spend ALL DAY making me vegetarian foods of the Gods. I've never had a better Thanksgiving meal in all my days. MMMMmMMMmmmMM veggie lasagna with protein "meat" balls. Yup. Finger lickin good.

I LIED! I FINISHED MY ASSIGNMENT AND THEN I SLEPT! I'LL FINISH WRITING TOMORROW. NOT THAT IT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE, BECAUSE WHEN YOU READ IT REALLY ALL YOU HAVE NOW IS AN ANNOYING 15 SECOND BREAK.

Anywho. Vancouver was great! I had so much fun visiting my family. We even got to go on an impromptu trip to the coast. And I LOVE the coast. It was pouring rain, and freezing, but regardless I absolutely adored it. I ran around barefoot, chased birds, yelled at the rock, and got some cute pictures of my mom and Fred trying (in vain) to stay dry and warm. Then we went shopping. I got a hazelnut steamer from this woman with the most amazing dreadlocks, and then we went to the Canon Beach bookstore. I got this great book called The Glamor of Grammar. I am really excited to start reading it. :) And then we ate a glorious dinner while gazing out upon Haystack Rock. And man was it my favorite part of the trip.

Although, I must admit that seeing my best friends was probably greater than going to the beach. We've all grown up so much, but somehow Emily, Josh, and I have stayed best friends through all that. I think it's cuz we went through so much together when we were younger. I can see them and it doesn't feel like we've been apart at all. I haven't seen them in two years! And it seemed like we were just always together. I love that. Plus, it's not just them anymore! They've got their spouses! And it just so happens that I love their spouses just as much as I love them. THEREFORE we are all great friends, destined to go through life together. Or something sappy like that.

But then it was time to come home. And it was great to be able to come back to my family and friends in Utah. I really love going on vacations, but nothing is better than being home with my ladies, and sleeping in my own bed. School started up again, and life got crazy. And I'm stressed outta my mind.

.......enter stress logic.......

At the end of every semester I have the same revelation: I don't have to teach! I can just quit now, open a shop with my favorite TJ, and become a successful business woman in Seattle. It always sounds like such a wonderful plan (and a plan I most likely will embark on one day anyways). So then I start dreaming of not having to finish my endless essays and ridiculous busy work. And I don't have to go beg teachers to help me accomplish the impossible. And I don't have to stress about school any more. I'm at that point. And man, it does sound like a glorious plan.

No! I'll just have to stay strong! Two weeks until school is OVER. I can make it.

2 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Go Jen! You can do it!

(if not, I'll open a shop with you).

Name drawing tonight?

Julie Daines said...

Jen, you can make it! Be strong!

Sounds like a great trip. It seems like you always have awesome trips!