Thursday, August 28, 2008

Boring and oh so lazy days from August 23rd round through August 29th



It's absolutely crazy that September is almost upon us. I have absolutely nothing to show for this summer. I don't think I went on one vacation!! I think I may put together a few of my summer of '08 photos. Nothing too fancy though since as I just stated, nada happened this summer.

I found a new walking partner, one of the girls at my work and I are now going out and walking around Green Lake. It's almost a 3 mile walk, so it's super good for us. I cleaned up a dead bird that the cat left as a present for me in the entry way a few days ago. It was super intense, but I think it means I am ready for kids since it takes a lot to clean dead things up and what not. I didn't even get mad at the cat. I showed her lots of love even after I had to pick up th
e poor little birdie. I'm house sitting into the middle of September now. Which is okay with me, since the three of us (dog, cat, and myself) have become quite the happy family. We all three pile into the bed every night. Kerouac on my stomach and Paco snuggled up next to me. It's going to be really hard leaving these two, even though currently the cat has decided that stabbing my leg over and over is an awesome idea and the dog it whining for absolutely no reason by my feet. Fantastic!! But other than that... I'm loving these pets. As crazy as they may be!!!

This week is pet appreciation week for me. Even though I don't always have family or friends around, I get these awesome animals who love me unconditionally and are always around when I need a good cheer up, or even a hug. Yay for animals!! I just love em.

First pic is Paco, he's a cute one! Second pic is Kerouac, she's got something stuck to her nose, but she won't let me pick it off, dang cats... so don't mind her little smudge. She's always getting dirty.

Any who. Bed time. Gotsta sell those shoes, and you need energy for that!! Plus the sooner I go to bed, the sooner it's tomorrow, and I got a new pair of shoes a few days back that are sitting in their box just itching to be worn. They're beautiful red heels made in Spain... Oh how I love my job. Til next week. adios.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Jenn with the Penn! Your blogs are awesome! I got a letter today from you! I once heard a General Authority say that beautiful words come from beautiful souls. I believe that. I find the depth and layers of your soul astounding sometimes. You, my dear, are a rare jewel among Gems. The big sparkling ruby, i'm sure. That letter will get me through some dark times, when I doubt my worth or my value. I will remember the letter I got today and be at peace. How can I thank you? I love you.z

Michelle said...

You are such a shoe addict... I love pets too. I think animals (I say animals, but really I mean dogs) can hold entire families together. And if Rachel killed a bird and left it on the carpet she would be grounded for a month. And spanked til she couldn't sit down for a week. So you are definitely ready for kids if you didn't even get mad.