Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sweating away the time of day from August 16th - the 22nd

Obviously from the title of this post things are still warm here, really warm. It's such crazy weather! Last night I truly grew up. Things are still hot hot hot, but have been storming recently. Last night at 9:03, I was minding my own business watching Project Runway, popcorn in hand, when suddenly, LIGHTS OUT! Eek! I discovered the dog, Paco, is super scared of the dark. So he was in my lap freaking out, it was pitch black, and what's worse I had no idea what was going in Project Runway land!! MISSING THE SHOW! The lights came back on in 5ish minutes. I went and got a candle, lit it just in case, and continued to enjoy the show only a few minutes lost. AND THEN... bum bum buuuuum.... LIGHTS OUT! With the dog hugging my leg, I, Jen Taylor, Jen- always been afraid of the dark-Taylor, Jen- watches too many scary movies and regrets that during the hours of 8:30pm-5:00am- Taylor, Jen- dreams up the scariest situations ever known to man kind- Taylor, Jen- can't go pee in the woods- Taylor, Jen- sleeps with a light on- Taylor, Jen- nail biter extrodinair- Taylor, braved the pitch black stairs of doom and lit candles all over the house. I soothed the dog, who should've been soothing me. I pulled out a book, and BRAVED THE BLACK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I did actually have my friends come over and keep me company for a few hours. The lights came back on, and things were well again! Yay for growing up!!

Emily and Dustin Sether, my best friends from Oregon, came up yesterday for the Radio Head concert. I had fun showing them around where I work and my apartment. I expected them to laugh at the shabby state of my apartment, but they actually liked it, granted they admitted that it did need a good cleaning. It's nice house sitting, it gave them a place to stay while they're up here, since my apartment's way too small to house visitors. We spent the day today out shopping like good old visiting Seattle times, only now I kinda know how to get around, and I emphasize the kind of. They left a few hours ago to head back down to Portland, despite my best efforts to convince them to move up here.

Work's still work, church's still church. I'm still hoping for fall. I got my new camera, but haven't gotten out to use it yet. It's going to be a lot harder than I thought to get the hang of it. But what isn't hard isn't often worth doing. Or something motivational like that. Wish me luck as I start the process of getting back into college. I'll work on getting the entrance tests done, then look into what classes I want to start taking. Hopefully I'll be back in school in January, no promises, just know that it's something I'm working on!! I'll get back to school, when the time is right. :)

Other than same ol, I'm just livin the dream, wearing my dresses, snapping my pictures, sellin those shoes. Life's fabu! Miss you all, well, most of you. Just kidding, all of you for sure! PS... I got a hair cut... hope it looks ok!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Yes! Jenn isn't as much of a chicken any more. Who am I kidding, I would have cried like a baby! I am proud of you girlfriend. It is going to cool of soon enough so stop whining. Those dresses are going to be a lot harder to wear when its twenty below. You look adorable. You apartment was cute but dirty? I am in total shock! Love you my dear.

the Clan Walker said...

I like your bangs.

Emily said...

I never said it was dirty... its cleaner than my apartment... your bed was made and there were no dishes in the sink... well at least i think your bed was made.

Meagan said...

I absolutely love you. Anytime you're scared of the dark, please call and I'll try not to talk about how much the dark knight scared everything out of me.