Friday, October 10, 2008

Octoba 4 tru Octoba 10, word.

Hey, hi, and hello! Hold on, I need to put on different music. Brief break, use this time to grab a snack, use the bathroom, or get in any conversations you feel necessary with a neighbor. Death Cab, Plans. Good album. So, an awesome friends and best pen-pal at this moment in my life suggested I write up a 3 year plan, so I know what I need to work on to help accomplish my goals. I thought it'd be just this super easy thing I'd throw together and be done with. I sat down this morning and came up with a few goals I felt I needed to have accomplished by the time it turns to 2012. Which is a ways away, but not too far, just three years. So I threw out a few things I know that I want to for sure see. I felt I would share these with all of you, so you can see what I want for my life, and why I'm doing some of the things I'm doing, or why you should all super nag me until I get enrolled in school for January. Away we go!! Jen Tayla, and her 3 year plan of wonderment and joyousness: a tale of epic proportion.
  • I will be off the sales floor at Market Street Shoes, completely. I will become a buyer, assistant, or manager, or a combination of the three.
  • I will be a full time student at an art school.
  • I will show my work at art shows at least twice a year.
  • I will be engaged or married.
  • I will have bought a new car. ;)
  • I will be physically fit, and in good shape.
There you have it. Not a lot of goals, but good ones. Trust me, the car goal will come into play in just a minute. Plus I had to throw in some random goal I felt like accomplishing too. And I really really really really really really want a Mazda 3 wagon, in gun metal gray. My time will come. Ok. So in order to accomplish these goals, I need to work on the foundations for them now. A lot of these things are things I don't really like to do all that much, and most of them push me further than I like to admit. So, here are things I will start working on now: I will start community college in January. I will talk with my boss about my ambition and goals of advancing in the company. I will begin a portfolio of my photography. I will budget, spend money on things I need, not want, and save up for expenses I know to be in my near future. I will organize an art area in my apartment. I will research art schools and decide where will be best suited for me. I will begin to eat healthy, and continue practicing yoga (for now), and this is the toughie, the one you all know I struggle with, the one I dread, and fear, and panic over. I, Jen Taylor, am going to work on going on dates. EEEEEK! I know I know. I'm just so shy, it's really hard for me. But I can totally do it. I can totally do all of this. SO I WILL! Thanks my favorite pen-pal, appreciate it!



This week I felt a rainbow of a blog would make everyone's day just a little bit brighter. And a picture of some boots which I am currently pining over. I'm saving that money. Hopefully I can buy them someday. Dag nab shoes! They get me every time. I think I should become a clothing designer so I can just make all my own clothes and then
I
can have shoe designer friends who would just give me shoes for free. Good plan, no? I thought it was. At least, I know I want to take a sewing class. I've been having a lot of fun sewing my friend, Topher, his Halloween costume. He's going to be a caveman. Sewing with fur is proving to be quite difficult, plus it sheds, a lot. Hopefully I'll finish in time, and even more hopefully it'll look awesome. Otherwise he'll kill me.


This week I shall embark on an epic adventure. I'm going to DC to visit Michelle, Matt, and Rachel Ratto. Best durn Ratto's I know. That's fur certain. I've never been in DC before, well the airport once on our way to England, but that's it. Wish me luck! Super scary!!! I hate flying alone. I'll post while I'm there, but stay tuned for some awesome pictures and stories two posts from now. I'll miss you all while I'm across the country. Although, I don't live by any of you now, so it won't seem too much different. Love you! Fingers crossed I'll fly safe.


PS. Meagan, I still can't see your blog. It's killing me.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

wait. seriously? that's really too bad because it's pretty funny. I don't know...call me.... I love the boots. they're amazing. and who knew you sew?

Maddie said...

JENNN!!! I love you!!! I just randomly thought to look at your blog today, so I did and let me tell you... the rainbow blog made me so happy! It definitely brightened my day :D You are the greatest!!

Michelle said...

She's going to DATE!!! WAHOO!!!

Susan said...

Sew? A life plan? School? DATING? Ok I am really going to come visit and find out what alien life form abducted Jen Tayla and took over her brain. Nah, not really, not really even surprised. Cuz you is and always will da bomb!!!!