Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October 18th - now, which would be the 30th. Happy DCing and Halloween partying.




Well, it's been a few weeks now since my run in with DC, but I figure better late than never. I had a busy week just after I got back, and now that it's slowed a bit, I figure I can catch up on what's missing here.

La - la- lalalalaaaaaaaaaaa DC!!!!!!!!!!

I flew to DC late Wednesday night. Rachel was asleep when I got there,
which meant having to fall asleep 3 hours sooner than my body wanted while being super excited to see how big she is. Finally, and I do mean finally, I fell asleep. Michelle came in and woke me up the next morning as soon as Rachel was awake, as requested. Rachel was super anxious about this crazy haired girl asleep in what was normally her room, but after staring at me with her mouth hanging open slightly, she seemed to accept that I was not as terrifying as initially anticipated. We did a lot of hanging around the house, which was fine by me since I was enjoying a good 2 - 3 naps a day, jet lag doesn't agree with me. Rachel seemed to tolerate me, but she didn't really like me until later in the visit. We went to the park with Michelle's friend Julie and her kids, we went shopping a few times, I got new nail polish. Friday I helped Michelle babysit JT and Mikey. They were quite cute, only I don't know how people have three kids!! Insanity! I just helped, and for like 4 hours, all day everyday?? Whoa, not ready for that! On Saturday Michelle and I kissed the fam goodbye, meaning Matt and Rachel, and Michelle really was the only one kissing, and jumped on the Metro. We went into DC to see the monuments. We went to the National Gallery of Art, which I loved. And true as Michelle says, we ended up spending more time in the gift shop than we did in the actual museum. I saw what I wanted, and bought what I wanted, so all in all I felt it was a successful jaunt through the art filled hallways. We then walked down the mall or whatever they call it. We stopped briefly in the natural museum and saw some big diamond something or other. All I know what it was huge, blue, and like a million people were trying to get a picture of it. Really? Just print one off the internet folks!! Plus flash with glass inbetween you and whatever it is your trying to capture on memory card doesn't end so well. So, we high tailed it outta there and continued our lengthy journey through DC. We plowed past the Washington Monument, stopping briefly for a few snaps here and there. We zoomed past the WWII monument, which confused me anyways. Took a brief pit stop on a bench by a quant little pond, where an entire roll of film was used on all the geese running amok. Then stopped for a few breaths on the edge of the Vietnam memorial. Then FINALLY we got to the Lincoln Monument. We walked up a bajillion stairs and I snapped my polaroid picture of the monument which I had declared as my favorite. After a brief nap on the lawn, we hit the metro and headed back home. We went to Michelle's trunk er Treak party with the ward. Rachel was princess Leah. By Sunday she loved me, and had no problem playing with me or letting me hold her. Tuesday morning came all too soon, and it was a teary farewell at the airport. I got on the plain, glared at the angry French woman next to me, and ended up right back where I started in good ol Seattle Tueday afternoon! Whew! DC! I would not mind going back one day! But only if Chelle's still there, it wasn't THAT cool.

I had just a few days to set up my house for my Halloween party. I also sewed my friend Topher's costume. All my friends came over the Tuesday night before Halloween. We had an amazing dance party, played dirty twister (me trying to take down everyone with me while I was on my way down), and bobbed for apples. All in all it was just an excuse to eat a lot of chips and dip and dress up in our sweet costumes an extra night. It was really fun. We stayed up way too late, and I regretted that one the next day, but fortunately it was my day off, so I slept in. Woo!



Well, now that I'm home, and parties are over, and my apartment is actually coming together nicely, I have time to be bored. Guitar Hero has come back out of it's box, I've painted a few pictures, done laundry, and gotten pretty close to doing dishes. Let's hope I have a good week! Productive at least, my goal: do the dishes!! Til next friday, adios!

2 comments:

Susan said...

This may be my imagination. But do I detect that these blog entries are getting a bit skimpier?

Michelle said...

Have I ever told you how funny you are?