Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stuperbowl Sunday...

Hey there blog fans near and far! Are you telling your friends about my blog? Are you elbowing people on the bus? Knocking over bikers as they pass? Making blog conversation while selling shoes? Telling everyone to check out what I have to say?! Well, I hope you're not, because that's way too much pressure, and my life's not all that exciting after all! My family and myself are all gathered in the lovely living room watching the big football game, only I don't really care that much, so I figured I'd take this time to catch up on blogging, do some reading, and purchase a few plane tickets. Wait-- what- back that bus up! Plane tickets??

Yup, I'm flying to Seattle on the 18th of March and I'll be flying back to the big UT on Sunday March 22nd. Which means I'll be in Seattle for my 22nd birthday. So, if you live in Seattle, and we're friends, come to a big birthday dinner on March 19th. It'll be at some restaurant in Ballard I'm sure. Maybe sushi? Maybe something a little more casual... people's pub? Hmm... who knows. But March 19th, no presents necessary but are always welcomed, come to dinner! We'll laugh a lot, and have a lot of fun, and I can hear about how all your lives are going post my move. :) I'm terribly excited. Family though, we'll have to have a birthday dinner for me and Ram another night, we can laugh and enjoy family jokes and all that fun stuff... presents are required at that dinner. Hah. and I'm not even kidding.

Well, I've bought 2 new glasses frames off of ebay. They're both vintage frames, I like one more than the other, but if the one doesn't work then I'll go to the other. Looking for a pair of vintage frames? You can have the pair I don't end up with. But they're a lot alike so you have to live in a different place than me, and you have to pass my 'is your style the right style to rock these frames' test. It's grueling. They should get here later this week, then I'll get some lenses in them, and I'll post a picture of them soon after that, all glorious and on my face, and you'll all say... "wow, those are cute frames... that Jen knows how to pick em!" Frames that is, I'm not picking noses or anything, well a lot of noses.

I lost a few necklaces and rings when I moved from Seattle down to the big UT, and it's been really hard for me, we all know I love my jewelery a lot a lot. But thanks to a wonderfully etsy savvy friend o mine, I found almost the exact same wing necklace and purchased it straight away! Yay! I get my wings/mustache back!! I'm really excited. I'll wear it every day for a week, well not like straight, but I'll wear it 7 times and then it'll be like a week straight, come on I'm not going to wear the same necklace for a whole week. The other necklaces would feel bad! I'm glad she had another one on etsy. If you don't know etsy, go there, shop, be happy! etsy.com You'll love it!! Fosh!

I got my first math test back, and guess what?! I got 100%. Yup, for the first time ever, I got 100 on a math test. I was so excited!! I actually wasn't that excited at first, I kinda figured everyone would get 100, it was pretty easy, (those of you who know specifics keep em quiet, I like to pretend like I'm smart) and then I realized as people compared scored that I really was the only person to get 100! Well, one of the few that is. :) Yay for me! I cut off the questions on the test so none of you would know just how easy, or hard, it really was... hehe.

OOh, I finished my painting, my first big ol real time on a canvas painting. It's not much. I pasted pictures and articles from old car magazines and then painted over them. It says charge on it. Also has my cigar birds all accross it. Thanks to Autumn for figure out that they look like cigar birds. I usually hate my paintings, well most of my own art work, that's for sure, but I really like this, so I'm going to share it with you... :) I hope you enjoy it too!
AND THEN, if I wasn't happy enough, the mail came yesterday and as I eagerly looked through it for any letters or magazines for me I found an Anthropologie catalogue and said, "are you kidding me!?!?! Anthropologie!?!?!" and my uncle said, "I would not kid about something that serious." Oh man dear uncle, you have no idea how serious this catalogue is! It makes my heart happy... oooh do I love picturing frolicking through many a happy field in those beautiful dresses and sweaters, and then I fell in love with the $5000 couch in the back... and I was a happy woman, it was like being in Seattle! Only I didn't have Sarah to look through the catalogue with! Now all I need is the J Crew catalogue.. oooh, talk about sweaters! And Melanie to look through that with me.

Well, it's been such a fantastic week. I love being in the big UT, I love being with my family, and I love being back in school! I miss all you folks I'm not around. I miss the shoe store like mad! I was looking at Fluevog online today, and my heart was sad, they have really cute malibrans that are flat! Plus their olive green malibrans are out! I was dying... my aunt suggested getting look alike shoes at payless! I almost had a heart attack, fortunately she was mostly kidding, yes mostly. I wish I could be up there seeing all the spring shoes come in. New Pikolinos! New Hispanita! Fluevog! oooh I could go on but now I'm just getting depressed. Any ways, things are going really well. I'm happy. And soon I'll meet with an academic advisor and figure out just how much longer I have left in school, then the count down will begin! For now, good bye yo!!

Oh and a list of words and sayings I've taken from other people and now cannot seem to stop saying:
-fosh
-I know, right?
-ninja
-ayuuup
-yo
-tender

oh there's more, but I seem to not be able to think of them now that I sit here trying to compile a list. Oh well!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good use of your time during the Superbowl. I just ate.
That's cool that you're going to Seattle. Fun fun!

Sarah said...

I was going to mail you my copy of the anthropologie catalogue but it got lost while I was moving. I had even starred items I thought were cute and made comments so it would be like we were reading it together. I am glad you found an alternative copy. The next one I get is coming your way though. Miss you!!!