Friday, February 6, 2009

Romping, to romp, I had romped.

Welp, they're here, the big day arrived, it came and went, I got a new pair of glasses. And while they might not look too fantastic on my face, they are fantastic glasses, so we're gonna pretend they look really good for awhile, and then maybe I'll find a new pair! Really what this comes down to is, it all reminds me of an ABBA song: "you can change your mind, something er other, and then in the background, can change, can change" really, I have no idea why that applies, but trust me, it definitely does. Also, I think the statement, "I, Jen Taylor, have the coolest glasses frames in all of the big UT, besides the one kid in American Civilization." is quite true, and maybe even applies a little more than the afore mentioned song shout out.

Bust! is a must! 
I got a new magazine today in the mail, the first of my wonderful new subscription, all thanks to the coolest Lanne there ever was. I was probably more excited for the magazine than for the fact that I'd just put my new glasses on for the first time with lenses actually in them. I started reading, and wow, did I get super happy! It's a women's magazine, but one that's more crafty and down to earth than the usual women magazine junk. Complete with a pair of lightning bolt pumps (vegan ones at that!) on page 34, and whole slew of cute undapants on page 33, I was super glad to have a little piece of the urban life in my hands. 

Valentine's Day prep...
Did you know that Valentine's day is ever so soon?! I totally forgot until I got my first Valentine in the mail (thanks Topher, I loooved it). Did you also know that I love Valentine's day? Why you didn't know that?! Odd...  I know what you're thinking... why love Val's day when you don't have a man? Well, I'll tell you why! Silly! Because I get to sit and make Valentine's for all you and tell you just how much I love you! Then I get to go and get heart stamps! And then I get to send off a goodly number of envelopes... and that always makes me happy. Then as you all check the mail... you'll get an envelope full of wonderful homemade Jen-ness... and that's really seriously quite priceless. And I'm going to ask one one of you to be my Valentine. Nope, I'm not telling who! But I'm excited... as soon as I am done here, I'm off to me room to start cutting and taping and stamping and kissing and all that super fun Valentine makin stuff. 

Romping:
As I attempted to take a 20 minute nap this after noon, I was awoken by Uncle's singing skida-ma-rink and cousin's coming home from school. Super rude, nah, just kidding... :) So I got up and found myself in a stand off with the wonderful dog Sam-Wise. He chased me into the living room, where I found myself rolling around on the ground with him in an attempt to get his toy... after much rolling, tackling, scratching, and chases covering the entire top floor of the house, he and I called it quits seeing as we, both covered in hair and panting, seemed to be out of energy. Moral of the story: I love romping with the Sam-Wise, and he and I shall romp more often! 

And they're still living happily ever after.


 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Another classic Jen blog. I like the shout out to Abba.

Jen Taylor said...

who doesn't like an abba shout out every now and again, ya know what I'm saying??