Thursday, November 3, 2011

This a-week ... I was glad

(Listen to "Jen" while reading this. Yup, little did you know I have my very own song! This is near and dear to me.... so just respect the song, keep it sacred....sometimes I get nervous about sharing something so precious with other people. ------->)


Hello! This week was a good week. This week had its bad moments. This week was sad. This week was a great week. All of those apply to this week....that's why I said them.

Anywhos. Briefly, I "babysat" my cousins this past weekend, although there weren't any babies or sitting upon babies present at said sitting. We laughed, we cried (because we were laughing so hard), we played an abundant amount of video games, we played an intense game of "snag" (frisbee) in the backyard until our fingers fell off from frostbite, we ate and ate and ate, and we accomplished almost absolutely nothing (except Saturday chores, of course!). We had a lot of fun. They're my fave group a kiddies, mostly because their parents are so dang awesome. Takes good parents to make such good kids I tell ya! :) I miss the Daines family.

And now! I was cleaning up and packing up my room at home-home and I found this old journal I got in '07. It's one of those journals that have prompts and shtuff already written in... This is something I wrote under the title "What Brings Me Gladness:"

"I'm glad for love, jobs, new cars, found keys, recovering moms, recovered druggies, acceptance of lost loves, pregnancy, lost weight, new pants, self acceptance, won baseball games, self denial, sarcasm, visiting relatives, straight As, awards, freshly shaven armpits, cereal, doors held open, shared napkins on a kleenex free airplane amidst buckets of tears, Michelle always being home at 8am Mon-Fri, Emily's unconditional love, meeting a new individual, a truth accepted, great poems in an otherwise bland notebook, smiles, change, tips, new shoes, Lucas saying 'Out of control,' chance encounters with movie stars, truly spontaneous acts I believed myself too chicken to go through with, unexpected money, freshly opened sharpies, color, diversity, concerts, flirting with boys in the next car over, dirty notes with best friends, new freckles, cell phone internet, music videos, divorced parents, a personality, '92 Blazers, red, geese, memories, narrow misses with the local authorities, tabloids, self-esteem, last minute shopping excursions, late night soul searching over a long distance phone call, pets, letters in the mail, personal accomplishments, run-on sentences, being rejected from BYU, Mr. Yeakey, Big Red, bleach, youthful body, second chances, individuality, others new found unanticipated happiness, being content, being loved, thinking, epiphanies, the existence of close calls, straighteners, aunts, thrift stores, fashion sense, red hair, movies, decisions with awesome consequences, an unshattered windshield when I wake up, squinting, random obscure occurrences that catch you off guard just when you were positive you were too stressed and busy to notice anything beautiful anymore, tomorrow, Christmas Bear, mascara, IKEA, the sound of Carmel walking on hardwood floors."

I love being glad.
Have a good week.

2 comments:

Julie Daines said...

You were incredible with my kids! Thank you so much! They had a great time.

Love, LOVE your journal entry. That is an awesome list. My personal favorites: youthful body (because mine's long gone) and epiphanies (because for me that means a new idea for a book.)

Michelle said...

Christmas bear and Mr. Yeakey! And the pregnancy bit was probably about me, since I'm pretty sure you weren't pregnant and that's when I had Rachel. Cute!