Saturday, July 12, 2008

July number 5 all the way down to July the 12th! Read it and weep. Not really...


(A picture of me and my good friend, Elise. We declared it Croc day at work and decorated the snot out of a couple pairs. We wore them all day, it was fun)



Hello one and all. And welcome to this weeks ranting and raving. Sorry I didn't get the blog up on Friday, I went to work on it but discovered our internet to not be working!!! Eek, a worst nightmare for some of us. So I ventured over to the apartment next door and then remembered that the computer genius of the house and actual owner of the wireless internet was out of town, FOR THE WEEK! AHHHH. So, I unplugged, replugged, begged, yelled, hit, and whined for almost half an hour to no avail. We were officially an internet free zone. Holy cow, it was a rough 24 hours there. Then tonight upon arriving home from work, I sat down with our router and had a heart to heart. I explained I needed to write my blog for all the people out there, and it listened and thought and decided that one day with out internet was bad enough. I unplugged the cord, plugged it back in, and well there you have it, I'm back in business. And let's get this show on the road! You people getting all sidetracked with silly internet stories. We have bigger fish to fry.


In all actuality, we do not have bigger fish to fry. This week was a very slow week. Our shoe store was taken over a few months ago by a camera crew to film a commercial for an organization that has set out to try and clean up Puget Sound. The commercial was finally finished and airs on TV every now and again, but thanks to technology can also be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWCMJagRtUg now if that doesn't work, go to www.youtube.com then search for "mudup shoe store" it will be the first video to pop up. That's the shoe store I work in!!! It's not the greatest representation, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like at least! I thought it was pretty cool that out of all the shoe stores they wanted ours. Yay! Go us! We're an eco friendly store, and a lot of people up here respect us for that.(A Polaroid I took awhile back at Alki point in south Seattle)

My roommate, Autumn, and I made a trip to Ikea this past Monday and got a few more pieces of furniture in hopes of organizing our tiny apartment a little bit better. We got new drapes that make up the walls of her room, these ones aren't see through, so now more than ever it's like a room. We got some shelves and a new TV stand and reorganized the living room. The couch now actually faces the TV, and it's made a lot more space in the middle of the area so it actually looks like a living room now instead o
f just the end of a hallway. I also got a big shelving system for my bedroom so I could put away all my art supplies. They've been in bags in the corner of my room since we moved in, so it was nice to slide them all into drawers and have an organized corner. I'm working on the rest of my room, but I'm still back and forth so much with house sitting and all that I usually live out of suitcases. I keep trying to convince roommates and friends to organize my room and fold my clothes for me, but no one has taken me up on that one yet. :) $5 to anyone who wants to help!!!(Another Polaroid from Alki)

Well, obviously if I'm telling about Ikea and reorganizing I really do not have anything to talk about, so I will end it there. I hope all is well with all of you. Remember if you have any questions you need answered and are away from the computer text chacha and ask them. The number is 242242. I get paid 20 cents for each question I answer, so the more people who ask questions the more I get to answer and the more money I make in my spare time. The idea is to try and just work one job instead of finding another one when I quit Cookies. We'll see what happens. Have a good week everyone. And I'll try to catch up with you all again next Friday.


Love, Jen


1 comment:

Matt said...

You're so funny! I like your crocs.