Wednesday, July 2, 2008

June 28th - wait wait JULY!!! what what!! July 4th. Happy America.






Why hello there my most loyal blog fans. How are people this week? If you feel it necessary to answer that question feel free to email, call, or just text me. But really it's just small talk before I get into the nitty gritty... I've been mulling this whole blog over in my head all day before I sat down to write it, as to make it as witty as possible, but now that I'm actually sitting here I've lost all I had to say. It's just gone. And I used a lot of words ending in "itty" in this paragraph. That's just not normal.

My weird/cool/funny/random news of the week:
Ever heard of ChaCha? Well, I have. It is a semi new company that offers answers to pretty much almost any question via text message. Here's how it works... you, the questioner, racks his and or her mind for a question. If you cannot seem to find one for our walk through of ChaCha I'll go ahead and pose a fake one. You, the questioner, want to know if it will rain in the southern part of Spain on July 7th. So, you take your phone and text ChaCha. The number is 242242. You would type, "Will it rain in the Southern part of Spain on July 7th this year?" The text is received by a ChaCha guide, who then researches your question on reliable sources online and types up the answer and you get a text on your phone letting you know if rain is a go or a no so go on the 7th. You can also call ChaCha 1-800-2ChaCha give the automated service your answer, it is then typed up, sent to a guide, who finds an answer, and then texts it back to your cell phone. It's cool because it's a real person on the other side. You can even text them and ask for a joke or story or whatever you want to text. SO! I thought it would be fun to become a ChaCha guide myself. I just log in whenever I have time, and text messages come in, I find the answer, and then send it back!! I'm excited to get started. I'm in training, but hope to start tomorrowish. Anywho. I thought it was pretty fun. I hope I'll get some exciting questions, and if any of you ever need an answer you know who to text. ChaCha!!

Cookies:
I put in my notice at Cookies last week. The 17th of July will be my last week. I'm kinda sad because I enjoy my boss, Caryn, and it's fun to get to know all the crazy little ins and outs of cookie baking. Actually all I've really learned is that tweedy bird sprinkles don't sell, red and black gel dyes turn bitter if you put too much in, and although I love the cookie cutters in the shop buying them with the intention to one day actually cut dough with them is not all that practical. Anyways. I told her I would work random days if she wanted the time off in the future, so she was pretty happy about the whole thing.

It's a heat wave in Seattle this week. It started Friday, and went down hill until Monday, it's still kinda bad but not as bad. Market Street Shoes is like a sauna. Friday I thought I wasn't going to make it, Saturday I was laying at the bottom of the stairs saying my final farewell, and Sunday I was completely delirious trying to smile and grit my teeth at the customers who kept telling me it was ridiculous I expected them to buy shoes when it was too hot to even breath in our store. By Monday I was much smarter clad in a skirt and tee, hair pulled back, and I realized that I was wearing an outfit I'd always wear down to the lake at Hebgen! It was like I was up there with all you, but only in a shoe store instead of in a tube.


This past week I went to the skate park with my uncle Ram. We went quite early so it was all older guys. It was fun running around after them all yelling, "stop doing the tricks while I'm winding the camera! -- No! I said stop, not keep doing it! -- wait wait, that one doesn't count I wasn't looking! Guys, come one work with me here!" Anyways, after shooting 7 rolls of film, realizing a group of 45 year olds were way more in shape than me, running back and forth a gazillion times, throwing 1/3 of the photos away, and showing off a small sum of about 5 photos to my friends, I scanned in a few and put them up here for you. Now you can at least glimpse some fruits of my labors. I hope you enjoy! For those of you with Facebook they're all up on there for you to look at. Enjoy.


Well folks, this is a short one! I'm sure I could come up with something else, but I'm watching Arrested Development while typing, so my concentration isn't all that great.... whoops!! Happy 4th, I hope you all saw fireworks. Sadly the only I saw were on TV, it's tough being a working/house sitting gal in the Seattle world. :) I miss you all! Talk to you next week.

Love, Jen, of course!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wait you mean you actually work for the cha cha company? Do you get paid? So did you do tricks in the skate park or just chase the skaters? Did you have a fun fourth and blow something up, oh no that is Iraq...well light any fireworks? We miss you and are you still house sitting? Do you actually sit on the house or just sit in the house? Love you

Matt said...

You are not going to believe this. This Saturday I'm going to make red velvet cupcakes for the first time (normally I'm a chocolate person, you know that) and I was going to use a lot of my red gel dye for them. But now I won't!! Thanks for saving the cupcakes.

Matt said...

Somehow I'm signed in under Matt's name (Crank is his little video game name or something). It's really me, Michelle!!