Friday, July 18, 2008

ze update of ze week, July 12-18, beginz a now!




Well hello there loyal friends, family, and people who know of my blog. This week was quite a good one! Let me sum up!

Work:
I got a raise this week! Yup, it's true, my compensation went up one whole dolla this week. My boss, Lanne, called me and said, "I hate to have to do this over the phone, but Jen you're keeping everything together, spirits high, sales higher, and we really appreciate that. So, we're going to give you a raise!" NO WAY! Plus it was prorated, which means for the past two weeks I infact had been making a whole dollar more!

The boss' are all going out of town for 5 days, and Lanne has asked me to be the boss for 3 of those 5 days. I will get paid 2 dollars more an hour for those 3 days. Everyone knows my cell number and if there's a problem or if someone calls in sick or if an ever so angry customer comes in and asks for the manager... that's me! I solve problems, sell shoes, and keep employees on track! I'm excited. We all know I'm a bossy pants, so this is quite fitting for me! We've also been doing a lot of spring buying for next year, which is fun getting into it. I now have a say in all our brands, so it's cool to see everything that comes in and out of our store from start to finish.

Every month at Market Street Shoes we have a different local artist bring in 10-20ish pieces of their work. We hang the pieces and sell them on behalf of the artist. This way customers can come in and see what art we have at that time, and artists get a chance to be seen and expand their stardom. My boss' offered me a chance to be an artist of the month. I have to get some pictures together, framed, and everything, but sometime in the next few months I will be the artist at Market Street Shoes! We have art walk the second Saturday of the month each month where all the shops around Ballard who take part in the local art have a grand opening party for those artist. People can walk around and see all the new art and enjoy refreshments and of course shop! I would be mingling with people and talking all about my art! It's going to be so awesome. I'll let you all know when it happens. :)

Anyways, work is going really well, and I plan on staying at Market Street Shoes for a longgggg time. Which is nice, having a little niche, somewhere I know I belong!


Cookies:
My last day at cookies was in fact yesterday! I know only work one job. Which will be nice. Two days off a week once again! Woot woot! I'll have time to start shooting a lot of photos again, time to do my laundry, and time to take at least one nap! I'm pretty excited. Knowing me though, I'll be bored with two days off with in a month and on the hunt for something new to keep me busy, I foresee another second job in my future, but we'll see! It was a little sad walking away from all the cutters at the end of the day, but all in all, it's nice to get out of that tiny little shop! So small!

Life:
Life's a boring one right now. I'm not really doing a lot for just kicks. I did go see batman at midnight last night with my friend, her boyfriend, and a few of his friends... random combination, I know! But it was really fun! The people sitting next to us almost got into a fight with the people sitting next to them because they stole the seats which were already saved. It was pretty classic. Almost a fist fight, over a batman movie! Now that's entertainment. We turned to the side, popcorn in hand, and watched the excitement go down. They were yellin at each other, over seats!! Haha, we all just laughed about it after.
I am running again, well jogging really. I'm getting in shape, it's time to make that happen. The dog which I'm watching loves it, he's getting such good exercise. I go home every night after work, suit up, and haul my sorry rump out for a half hour ish jog. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something with my day, besides getting up, going to work, comin home then doing it all over again. Other than that, not anything is going on!!!

Pretty sure I had a few other stories to tell you, but I cannot think of them now. I always have things happen and I think,
hey I should write this down so I will remember it come blog time, but then I say to myself, nah, this is so good, I can't forget it! well.... I forgot it. I'll start writing things down this week, promise!

Peace yo!

ps... sorry no new pictures. I will be going in to get 7 rolls developed this week though, so get ready... they're gonna be AMAZINGGGG.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Love the blog. Feels like I can still be connected to you a bit. You go Girl with the big raise and all. You should have more. Your the breastest in the world! Love your dresses. Wish I could organize your closet. You know I could do it. Proud of you Jenn. You are going places and you are making something of yourself. Your growing up. Love you bunches jenn my frenn. Snoozy.

Michelle said...

Boss's pet, boss' pet! You're going to be manager in no time.