Friday, August 8, 2008

August 1 - August 7 + popcorn

As I sit here and eat my wonderful bag of Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popping Corn let us recap this past week. Note-- I took it upon myself to also snap a quick pic of me sitting here... I felt it would give you all a better insight into my mood and thoughts. I 'm just a good person like that sometimes. :)


Portland trip!!!
I woke up quite early Monday morning and headed down to Gresham, Oregon for my good friend Josh and Joy's wedding ceremony. Josh has been my friend since 6th grade, and best friend since 9th grade. We've had ups and downs, but we've been there for each other for the past 7 years always. Joy lived in my mom's house for a year when I was in 11th grade and we became quite close then. It was after Joy moved in with us that she met Josh, seeing as he was always around. They're so cute together!! The wedding was last minute, they decided last week to get married, and quite small, just us and a couple other family members. Emily and I were the witnesses, and I got to hold Joy's bouquet while they said their vows. It was all really exciting. They already have a daughter together, Alexis, she wasn't in a very good mood though, so try to ignore her glare in our picture. After the wedding we went and hung out at Josh's family's house for a small reception and I turned around and headed back home that after noon. It was a really fun day getting to see my friends again. Josh leaves for the army this week, so it was super exciting to see them finally end up married just before he goes. They make such a cute little family. It's crazy how much we've all grown up just since I left 4 years ago. Emily, Josh, and I are all still best friends though!! I'm glad I've found such awesome people. It was like we were never apart. :)


I was the boss again at work this past week. It's just so stressful! It's hard when you're a peer one day to your coworker and then their boss the next. I never know what to tell people when I know they should be doing something but aren't. Ah well, I hope to keep moving up in this wonderful little company, so I need to see what it's like being a manager!!

I moved from my usual house sitting location to my other boss' house this week. Marc came home on Tuesday and I packed up my things and moved to Ryan and Lanne, my other two boss', house that same day. Their dog Rudy is 11 or 12 years old, they rescued him so they're not quite sure. He's a big ol' hound dog. He laid out back for almost 3 hours straight just howling away!!! I feel bad for the neighbors! He's so cute though, I snapped the picture while he was snoring away on the living room floor. It was a nice change in housing, and since my apartment's so small, crowded, spider infested, and often smelly, I really don't mind staying at other people's houses all by my lonesome with an animal or two for company. I'm back home for the rest of this week and on to Wednesday. I move back into Marc's house Wednesday night and I'll be there for the rest of the month. Notice how the dog's collar is Chaco, which is a shoe brand, even the pets in this company are decked out!

I bought a new camera yesterday! They have to make a few repairs on it so I won't have if for another couple days, it's quite used, but it's beautiful! It's a Mamiya Twin Lens Reflex camera. Which means it is a fantastic camera that you hold down in front of your chest and look in through the top to see the picture you are about to take. It takes 120 film, which is my preferred film choice, or 220 film which I've never shot with before but Joe at the camera shop says I should get excited about. And since they love me so much, and I'm in their store more than my own, I basically got the camera at half off. It's always good to be kind and generous with people even when it's just buying items from them. You never know when it will pay off. I always feel better when I go home after a day of fun and kind customers. Nothing puts me in a worse mood faster than someone who thinks he or she is better than me because I'm the one working in a shoe shop and they're the one buying said shoes. Respect is a good thing to grasp. Any who... I'm ranting. My camera's name is Chuck, because it is Chuck who fixes up all my broken and random thrifted cameras I bring into their store. I felt I owed him one. And he didn't even think it odd when I asked if I could name my camera after him. Once I actually have it I'll take a picture of it and put it up, then I'll take a million pictures with it and put those up! I need to invest in a scanner. And I'm looking into equipment for a dark room also, although I have no where to put a dark room, so equipment seems not so necessary. :) Ah well, it's these things that keep me sane, so I just keep doing em.

Other than that things are just same ol' Seattle life! I miss everyone. :) Have a superb week.

Love, Jen-- Shoe Salesmen Supreme.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Glad you had a good week in ole oregon Jenn. Love that hound dog. First I thought it was you sleeping but He was too good looking. Ha. JK.....No really you are looking GOOD girl. Slim and beautiful and I love your hair. I love your dresses. Calves and all. Love and miss you

Michelle said...

Cute doggy!! Wait, do you live in Seattle now?? Since when?