Thursday, August 14, 2008

August 9th - August 15th... can it be fall yet??


It's like a billion degrees out there these days, it's miserable! I'm a cool weather gal myself. It's always good to layer up, add a few extra fashion accessories that way. But in the heat?!? Not much you can do other than strip down and hope no one minds you running around naked. Alas, that's not a very viable option. There is no A/C at my work either, which means you're dripping in sweat about 3 minutes after arriving. Lame! Any who...


This week was just same old same old. The boss' are all back at work so I'm relieved of having to be the boss. I'm now writing up a manual of our policies and procedures at Market Street Shoes. That's been occupying most of my time. I just pick topics I know need to be laid out for everyone to know the official rules on, and make something up that sounds about right! It's nice being so familiar with this job that it's not that hard just typing up our day to day things. Plus I can add my own personality into it, so it's not just a boring old rule book, it's got some spunk.

I'm back at my usual house sitting job for the rest of August. Which is nice. I love the two pets here. It'll be really sad when I have to leave them. They feel like my very own animals. Mark, the owner of the house, left me a note explaining a few things when I moved back in this week. he said, "Welcome home!" very first. I often end up calling this house my home when I'm staying here. The neighbors have even gotten to know me. It's kinda a pain having to move my things from house to house, but I've got it down pretty well now, so I don't really mind anymore. Lots of times animals prove to be better roomies than actual roomies do!

This just in: I've decided to name Cold Play as my new favorite band, that is for now. It makes me feel old to pick such a mellow band!! But then again, I still enjoy watching things like MTV Cribs, so I can't be THAT old! Cold Play's new CD, Viva La Vida, is one of the best I've ever heard. It has a little bit of everything, with a lot a bit of musicianship thrown in. When I can't decide what it is I want to listen to, I always fall back on that one. It was hard living for awhile with out a favorite, I felt lost and like I had no direction in life!! But now I know where I am, thanks Cold Play for filling that void!

I'm still waiting to get my camera from the camera repair place, patience is running low! Ah well, it will come soon enough. And then I will have ENDLESS pictures... ENDLESS!!!!!

Everyone hope for fall to arrive soon. Otherwise I'll end up melting into one giant puddle and slowly absorbing into the ground, which can't be all that fun. Fingers crossed it comes soon!!!!!!!!!!!


---------------> this picture's one of the paintings which was hanging in our sneaker boutique a few months back for art walk. I like it!!! ---------------------------------------->


Love, Jen

3 comments:

Susan said...

Call me ho! No I don't mean call ME a ho, I mean your a ho and you need to call me. It because you havent called me that you are a ho. Ho ho ho.

Michelle said...

It's been a week, where's a new blog?

Susan said...

Yea, Michelle is right. Hi, michelle, your baby is adorable! So anyway jenn, you slacker, lets get a moving on that new blog. This latest one is getting boring. Take a new picture of you too. In a cute dress or something or with the animals your babysitting.