Saturday, February 14, 2009

Val's Day!

My room!!

I decided that since none of you can see how I fit all of my things into one room, I'd put up 360 degrees in pictures. And now you can see how talented I am at organizing... sorry it's still a little messy, I've been cleaning, but I still have a pile of clothes the size of texas looking for a home in the dresser. I'm sure they'll get there soon enough... ish.












Well, as you all, I am sure, are aware, today is February 14th, which makes it Valentine's Day. I call it Val's day. I think if I had known this Valentine character he would have been on good enough terms with me that I would have called him Val... and so we shall make it Val's day. We would have been good friends, what can I say? Maybe I should look up Valentine, and see just what we're dealing with anyways. I've never really known. I know he's like a saint or something along those lines, but really who isn't in their own way... we are all saints, each and every one of us. So, in honor of Valentine's day I looked high and low through my closet in an attempt to find something red or pink to wear. I have one hot pink tank top, and that's really all I could find. But I looked harder and came up with a dress with red and blue prints across it, I figure that's good enough to keep Val satisfied. I mean really, how can you not love Valentine's day? It's a day of celebrating love! Not just your significant other love either, love love. As in I love a lot of people and today I get to think all day long about how freaking awesome love is... and then I'm super happy! And the world's in a good place. Me, in my Val dress, as seen below (not a lot of the dress, sorry, mostly I wanted to show off the fact that I finally got my hair into a side pony, and it's actually cute, so for all those who I complained to day after day about not being able to do it, thanks to lack of funds my hair's now long enough, and it's fantastic!):



I feel like the only thing that could make this day better, well besides my having a boyfriend and therefore something to do tonight, is if it were sunny outside.... and not a dad blammed blizzard. Want to see the blizzard? Here are a few pictures of that, sorry they're not great, I didn't want to actually HAVE to go outside, so I just stood in the doorway and leaned, heh:




Well, my super fantastic news of this week is that I got 100% on my Geography essay. It was about Superfunds, which are toxic waste sites that have not been properly looked after and the toxins have been released usually into the ground water. Ever seen Sahara? If not, you really should... good show. Any ways, I did some research and found that the Duwamish river, which is in Georgetown and runs out into Elliot Bay right by Harbor Island, is a huge Superfund. So, the moral of the story is this, never ever live in Georgetown, because a lot of the factories and plants in the area still have problems with toxin spills. In fact animals in the area get cancer a ton because of these spills, and the fish and crabs found in the Duwamish are super full of PCBs which are cancer causing. Now you can't say I didn't warn you. And for those of you who are still lost, Georgetown is in South West, Seattle, just a few miles from the house I lived in when I first moved up there. Just under the West Seattle Bridge. Yup yup! 100%!! I was super excited. :) Yay me!

OOh, and now I'd like to feature the pet of the week:

Warwick!

look how dang cute he is. He's a scaredy cat. Runs from everyone and hides in my Aunt's closet whenever people come over. But he's just so cute! He likes to snuggle when you're in bed... but be ware... when you start petting him he drools like nobody's business... it's like a river running off the bed and forming a small lake on the floor. Isn't he just a cutie??:




Well folks. Go tell someone you love them... or if you haven't been told by someone they love you then call me up and I'll help you out. And wear something red too, that's always festive and fun. And wish me luck, as it starts to snow harder the chance of me actually leaving the house in my cute dress and hair is really quite slim. In fact some might say zero.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I want a side pony so bad!!! Too bad that I'm way too lazy/incompetent to straighten it. I love Valentine's day too! Some people really hate it, which I think is kind of weird. I mean not just dislike, but feel a very strong hatred toward it. Hmmmm... Hey, by the way, your husband spoke in sacrament today. It was so good! And he talked to Rachel yesterday at the baptism, which always wins me over. You want a hubby that likes kids, trust me!

Jessica said...

Wow Jenn! I love the sweet cat glasses. Those are Awesome!!! I like what you've done to your room. It is very bright and playful. I hope things are going well for you.

Meagan said...

hey...that dress....hm...looks...familiar... ( as well as fantastic) where'd you get it? And, I love the side ponytail look. I tried to pull that off, I look like an idiot. Plus, when you have a child, well... I think it's normal..., your hair falls out. Yeah, it's scary and disgusting all at once. Anyway, mine decided to grow back this week. It's.... lovely... I know this is all random, but that's why I can't pull off the side poe-nay tail. K. I'll stop now. I think Mitch just choked on paper (don't fret, he's on my lap. but.. nonetheless) K! BYE!

Michelle said...

Let's try for 2 a week, chum, this is like 1 a week and it's just not cutting it. You think a real paper would let you just write one a week? Pick up the pace.