Monday, August 29, 2011

School started!? Where did summer go?



Hello fellow Americans. And others -- but I'm pretty sure you're all Americans. Come on, show some pride in your country. Sheesh.

Today I started school. It was not as bad as I was anticipating. I'm excited. But, it required the effort of getting out of bed, and sitting for five hours in a classroom, and paying attention ... three things I've been enjoying not having to do. Alas, I did it anyways. Because despite my life long dream of working in a high end dog salon, I also have the life long dream of teaching. So, gotsta get in them classes, gotsta got my degree. Stay tuned though for another 8 months of whining about class n getting so smart I can't even handle it. I know you're all super pumped for that.

Alright. Down to the gritty and the nitty. I did some craftiness this week! And Cortney was like, Oh! Take photos for your blog! Woman! So, that's just what I did. Here's what we done:

Step 1:

Hot glue crayons in a row on a big ol' poster board, or
some such surface. Pick out the colors ya want! I choose all greens and blues. As pictured here.
















Step 2:


Begin blowdrying the crayons. Gotta get up close. Gotta get hot. Gotta really step up and stay committed.









Step 3:

I told you to be committed to that blowdrying! I meant it! Just keep hitting those crayons with that sweetly machine generated warm air. It's gonna get purdy real quick at this point. Melt crayons! Melt! Mwahahahaha! Melt I say!








Step the end:

Well, we finished the blues and greens, and decided to get even more creative. ... ... creativer, if you want to use correct grammar here. And you know I do. We decided to melt red and orange also. And look how fantastic it turned out!! Now, to just clear up some art space. Seriously.... my walls can't take any more!



Oh, and one final step hurr:

Just peel off the crayons, and trim down your poster board to the desired size. I haven't exactly finished that thurr step just yet. I'm busy alright? Get off me back.


Ok, see ya!



3 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Jen that's so cool! I'm trying desperately to think of something cute and crafty to cover the walls of this hurr apartment.

Julie Daines said...

I can tell you right now, that is going to be Maren's next craft project. Pretty cool! Like you! :)

Meagan said...

the red is really scary looking.