Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ever wonder what I love most in this world?

Yesterday I observed at Lone Peak. It was a lot of fun. I love the teacher I observe. I hope I can be a lot like him. The students wrote little poem type things - it was a creative writing class. So, I decided to get in on that action.


An Ode to Tofu:
I'm thinking about you like fish think about bugs. Like lungs think about air. Like dogs think about tennis balls. I'm thinking about you like a mountain man thinks about his beard. Like cows think about grass. Like volcanos think about lava. I'm thinking about you like cars think about petrol. Like freckles think about the sun. Like shoes think about feet. Like toast thinks about PB&J. I'm thinking about you like books think about plot twists. Like Clyde thinks about bonnie. Like headaches think about aspirin. Like junkies think about a fix. I'm thinking about you like a rock song thinks about a kickin' solo. Like sneaks think about brightly colored laces. Like shirts think about patterns. I'm thinking about you like Native Americans think about moccasins. I'm thinking about you like a cold thinks about phlegm. Like a teacher thinks about summer vacay. I'm thinking about you like leeches think about blood. Like mad scientists think about world domination. Like a ghost thinks about rattling chains. I'm thinking about you like a hipster thinks about oversized glasses. Like Bruce Lee thinks about punching faces. I'm thinking about you like one thinks about two.



I love being in the classroom.


Now watch this man do a FANTASTIC job of writing the original "thinking about you" poem. :)

3 comments:

Julie Daines said...

AMAZING! You are so brilliant when it comes to creative writing! My favorite is cows and grass.

But next time you are at Lone Peak, you better dang well call me for breakfast/lunch/elevensies. You know it's my treat!

Michelle said...

So funny! I could never do something like that. Looks like you're going to be in the "write" (get it?) profession. That was pretty clever, don't you think? I can't pick a favorite, but if you had a gun to my head I guess I'd say the beard part.

Shabang said...

Or like Jen thinks about beards! :P