Monday, October 10, 2011

Procrastinating, I ain't gonna lie!

Hello there readers. I am supposed to be doing some reading for class today. I'm going to go ahead and just make this super definitive statement: THIS IS THE MOST BORING BOOK KNOWN TO MAN. And I swear to you it makes no sense. And we ask our teacher questions about it, and she gets all mad and says we just have to read slower or read harder.... I'm not entirely certain how I can read "harder" but I'm working on it.


Yellowstone!!

I went to Hebgen this weekend with two of my adorable lady friends. Cortney and Julie. We road trip together. No big. So, here's a quick summary, a couple quotes, and some photos. Enjoy!

On our way up to our first stop, went went down Firehole. We got out and took what seems to be our best photo yet. Thanks to Rach for being such a great photographer.
Then we hit up some paint pots. It was really cold, so there was a lot of steam coming off of the warm water. That meant we couldn't really see the beauty inside the paint pots themselves. But it was still really cool, in my opinion...and let's be honest, that's all that matters anyways.
Then we drove up to Old Faithful. I swear EVERY TIME I go up there I miss it by 10-15 minutes, which means a good hour or so of waiting for the next eruption. So we looked around the new visitor's center (very shnazzy) and then went to sleep in the car. While in the car we threw a Spree at Rachel to see if it would wake her up -- I thought that girl slept through anything, turns out she doesn't sleep through Spree...and she wasn't too happy. But don't worry, she fell back asleep quickly. Cortney then hid a Spree in my hair without my knowledge. Fortunately she told me shortly thereafter: "I don't know how to tell you this......but I hid a Spree in your hair about 15 minutes ago." And sho nuf. There is was. Tucked down in. Gotta love my hair.

Then Old Faithful went off, and it was glorious, and freezing, and brief, and we piled back in the car and went back to the Lodge.

That night we drove up to Horse Butte so Cortney and Julie could see all of the beauty Hebgen Lake holds. Man, I really do love this place. I think I was even more impressed than they were, and I've been up there a gillion times. I climbed to the top of the abandoned fire tower. They stayed at the bottom to film me if I fell to my death. I lived. Hurrah!



Well, it was a short trip. We packed up Sunday afternoon and came on home. We closed the Lodge, which means I said goodbye to West for the season. But ya know what? I think I might work up there next summer, because I LOVE IT SO STINKING MUCH. Let's all mull that over for now.

Back to homework!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's such a good picture of you. I want your coat.

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Check out your cute fall fashion!

Julie Daines said...

So jealous. I love Hebgen in the fall. And you do look very fashionable. Cutie.