Saturday, January 14, 2012

Short. Long. Introductions. And pants.

Note: These pants would most definitely not be
 allowed onto BYU-I campus. Just sayin.
This week I grew as a person. I think most weeks I grow, but this week I think I really came into my own.

I wore a pair of Cassie's pants to the second day of class. You know what that means? That means I'm actually in fairly good shape. Go me.

I also stood in front of a college class and taught for a few minutes. Not terribly advanced, but huge for someone who completely fears the idea of even standing up to go to the bathroom in the middle of class.

Not only that, but I got organized. And I declared myself competent to do whatever it is I want to do. And right now, that might just be Grad school. Ya know what I've realized I'm good at? Being a student. I kinda love learning. Call me crazy.

I introduced myself to one of my classes by bringing in a few things that described me. Here's how that went. Just because I love talking about myself oh so much, I figure I'll sum up for you.

A Seattle snow globe:
Turns out being raised in the Pacific NW has actually shaped the type of person I am now (a closet hippy).

A letter:
Did you know that I love writing letters?! Of course you did. But honestly, I think it's a big part of who I am. If you want a pen pal, hit me up.

A polaroid of Hebgen Lake:
Hebgen is part of my soul. I am one with nature. It heals me, and it helps me conquer any trials I may experience.

My book ring:
I love books! I love rings! I love my sister, who gave it to me!

My hen napkin holder:
I have little nicknacks all over my room. And I do mean all over. They're everywhere!! This hen is one of them. It represents my love for animals and my vegetarianism. I fight for the cause in my own little way.

My cell phone:
You all know I always have my phone out. I try so hard to keep in touch with everyone. Although I have come to realize I am terrible at it. I also love being connected. I have the world in my hand, and I'm good at navigating it.


Well, there you have it. Now you know me.

Today I leave for Virginia. Cute photos of my children to follow.

1 comment:

Hilary Jan said...

This made me smile, come home!